It is only by God’s grace that I came to the Retreat in Renewal Retreat Centre (RRC). To say I was broken within, before coming to RRC would be an understatement – I was deep in sin, crushed and trying to grope in the darkness – for a light which I didn’t know existed.
Why am I there at the English Retreat?
Looking back – here are my a) to z) reasons to be at the English Retreat of RRC:
- My soul goes through a free X-ray scan every month and I get an opportunity to know what area of my life I need to work on.
- I was blessed with a beautiful wife, who is a pillar of strength at home.
- I’ve recognized that my parents are the best I could ask for.
- We got our two children as God’s gift of growing happiness.
- My two sisters are married and settled with their husbands and children
- I experienced the powerful weapon called the rosary.
- My work life has dramatically improved from the day I stepped into RRC.
- I realize that spending time at the Eucharist will be source of power any day of my life.
- Mass has a meaning and I realize God speaks every time.
- I’m gifted with a circle of people who are God fearing and enable me to be “on track”.
- Reading the Psalms has become a way of life every day.
- I have gone to the Holy Land and countries I had not even dreamt of.
- In our family we talk about at least one miracle that happens every day.
- My five year old son and six year daughter – sing songs of praise to God.
- Lent, Easter, Christmas, New Year, Feast days…….there are new reasons throughout the year to come closer to God.
- I pray to be right with God.
- Peace, Joy, Love, Happiness……these have moved from being words and become LIVE experiences for me.
- Opportunities and results in work and personal life come looking for me – at times when I least expect them.
- Sickness disappearing through prayers is a divine experience that has happened time and again in our family and community.
- Interceding through the rosary and Psalm 91 have become a daily part of family prayer.
- I recognize that Abba Father, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, Mother Mary and all the saints are part of my family and not something far off from me.
- Saint Antony has helped me time and again to find things which I have lost.
- My near and dear ones recognize that prayers are answered at the Retreats in RRC and so – have requests that I’m glad to bring to the Lord on their behalf.
- I have received the gift of tongues during adoration.
- Confession is a must and there is always something new that I learn at every retreat.
- I have experienced a miracle – every time.
These are some of my reasons – do come and you will find your own.
Sibu B Vaz